Fashion is a form of art, but unlike most paintings and sculptures, it’s not contained. It’s fluid, it can take any shape and form, and most of all it’s all around us. Every savvy dresser, every innovative fashionista has something unique that she brings to the table. Some are minimalists who choose their style wisely and dresses sharply–focusing on one detail that stands out to complete her work of art. Others are fond of the concept that revolves around every piece of their attire, every garment tells a story of who they are.
Whether you’re the one big statement piece kind of gal, head to toe style goddess or somewhere in between, we have some savvy fashion tips that will help every fashionista own her style.
[large_title title=”Be True To Yourself”]
With so much inspiration that we gather from fashion blogs and Instagram influencers, it’s not that difficult to put together a great outfit. However, don’t fall prey to trends alone. Sure, trends are great indicators of what’s hot here and now, but most of them are fleeting at best. Instead of rushing out to pick up everything that’s popular at the moment, step back and really figure out what works for you and your style. It’s okay to use trends as reference points, but don’t ever be afraid of tweaking it to showcase your personality.
The last thing you want is to be wearing something that isn’t you. Believe us…it shows. When opting for a style, it is fundamental you love what you’re wearing. We are firm believers that once a style feels good, it will definitely look good. Don’t underestimate a confidence gal.
How to Rock the Tip
- One Big Statement: Summer is a great time to make a big splash if you’re one for a big statement piece whether it’s a cool print jumpsuit or neon sandals. It’s also an opportunity to stay in touch with your style too. Use this opportunity to make your statement piece a reflection of your uniqueness and personality. We opted for a simple, white skater dress, a tan floppy hat and white sandals. And our one big statement piece was a colorful beach bag with watermelon prints on it. We took our love for watermelon and made it the centerpiece of our entire outfit.
- Head to Toe: If you’re a fashionista that loves to make their entire outfit into one big statement piece, then we recommend you pick a theme to your outflit, focusing on a cool print and color to really create that wow factor. We chose to go with a zebra print skater dress, geometric flip-flops, a turquoise straw hat and a NYC clutch. All unique pieces, but work perfectly together.
[large_title title=”Embrace Color”]
We get how easy it is to reach for that black maxi dress over and over again, but fashion is about experimenting with styles, cuts, prints, and more importantly, color. Remember, you can still rock your usual while adding a bit more technicolor to your outfit.
How to Rock the Tip
- One Big Statement: For minimalists, a powerful pencil skirt could be the one ‘statement’ shade in the sea of neutral hues. If you’re going for sheer tops and skirts in bright shades or prints, try to reach for accessories and shoes a bit more toned down. We chose to go for a vibrant red pencil skirt and pair it with a white or beige blouse. Tuck the blouse in for a modern feel and style it with neutral pumps and cream colored satchel.
- Head to Toe: For the head-to-toe dresser, focus on one piece at a time to build up on your look and make it cohesive. We chose a gorgeous pencil skirt in a light blue shade with delicate lace detailing. Next, we styled it with an off the shoulder polka dot crop top. Polka dots and strips are definitely in, as shown on this years’ runways. To add a bit more color and flair, we paired the skirt and top with a fun pineapple themed flats and headband.
[large_title title=”Jewelry is a Must”]
We are so often focused on what print, style or color we’re planning to wear that day that we easily overlook jewelry. But taking the time to pick and choose a great jewelry piece is so essential to completing the look. It literally is the cherry on top of a sundae.
How to Rock the Tip
- One Big Statement: Jewelry is a great centerpiece to any neutral look, as it makes a great conversation piece without feeling too outdone. A colorful, slightly chunkier necklaces are absolutely perfect to dress up a casual outfit during summer.
- Head toToe: Now jewelry is just as important to a head-to-toe kind of gal. In fact, picking two statement pieces that complement each other is actually a great way to make the ultimate statement you want. However, avoid adding too many unnecessary glitz and glam pieces to your look. We recommend keeping jewelry to no more than 2 to 3 pieces that way they won’t compete with each other but still add a much needed flair to any outfit.