In celebration of our favorite season, we’ve been busy in the kitchen cooking up some great recipes for spring. Our first is a delicious and easy salmon pasta salad, perfect for the warm weather. This meal combines our love of a hearty pasta dish with the lightness of a crisp salad.
Marinade for Salmon
- 2 tbsp of minced Garlic
- 1/2 a Lemon
- 1 tbsp of Maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp of Cayenne pepper
- A pinch of Salt and Pepper
- 1 1/2 cup of Egg Noodles
- 4-5 ounces of Cooked Salmon
- 1/2 cup of diced Celery
- 1/2 cup of diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup of Asparagus
- Cilantro and Lemon Wedges for garnish
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1-2 tbsp of Yellow Mustard ( or Deli mustard for kick)
- Lemon Juice (1/2-1 lemon)
- A pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp of pepper
- Cayenne pepper (optional)
Serve with Sourdough bread or Crutons.
- Step 1: Put all the marinade ingredients in a zip block bag, add the salmon and shake until everything is nicely coated. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours (overnight is best)
- Step 2: Boil the egg noodles according to package instructions. Once they’re cooked, drain and set them aside.
- Step 3: Take out the marinated salmon and lay it on a skillet over medium heat. Cook for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked all the way through in the middle. Take them off the heat and begin to shred them with a fork. Size is based on preference. We like ours to be a bit chunky.
- Step 4: Steam or boil the asparagus for 6-8 minutes or until tender. Quickly remove from heat and dunk them in a bowl of cold water. Drain and set them aside.
- Step 4: It’s time to make the dressing. Combine the greek yogurt, mustard and lemon juice, and stirring until the yogurt breaks down. Add the rest of the ingredients.
- Step 5. In a large bowl, add half of the dressing. Next add the pasta, salmon, asparagus, celery and tomatoes. Take two spoons and combine everything together. Pour in the remaining dressing, and salt and pepper. Give it a toss or two. Cover it with ceran wrap and refrigerate it for an hour so the flavors can incorporate every morsel.
- Step 6. Pour the pasta salad in bowls, garnish with cilantro and lemon wedges, and serve with crutons. Enjoy!