Nothing takes our makeup to the next level then great makeup brushes. But these can quickly become expensive, especially when we’re starting a new collection. So while we love our MAC brushes, we were on the hunt for some quality brushes for the fraction of the cost.
We didn’t have to look far. Behold, the Real Techniques brushes. The line was designed by Youtube duo Pixiwoo and professional makeup artist, Samantha Chapman. The brushes are made of taklon material, so the soft bristles are completely synthetic and cruelty-free.
The Starter Set is one of the best in the line and offers everything we’ll need to create the perfect eye makeup. The kit includes:
Base eyeshadow brush
- Pro: This brush is great for applying both creme and powder eyeshadows. And while the bristles are not as compact as others, this brush still offers a lot of control, whether we want to apply a wash of color or build up any eyeshadow color.
- Con: For those with smaller eyelids, this size of the eyeshadow brush is not the most ideal.
Deluxe crease brush
- Pro: The soft bristles are perfect for blending out our eyeshadows. The brush can also be used to apply concealer under the eyes since there’s the bristles are more dense without being too abrasive for the eye area.
- Con: Again the size of this crease brush is fairly big, so those with smaller eyelid space will find it a bit difficult to use.
- Pro: This small detail brush is very versatile. It;s dense bristles makes it perfect for deepening the outer V, smudging eyeshadow and even adding a highlight to the inner corners. It also works great with creme eyeshadows.
- Con: None
Pixel-point eyeliner brush
- Pro: Easy to get a thick eyeliner with this pointed brush.
- Con: The size of this brush makes it hard to get a small eyeliner.Also, if the bristles were more compact, it would make it easier to really pack on the color.
- Pro: Good for filling in the brows.
- Con: This brush could have been more stiff. Creating those small eyebrow hairs is hard to do since the bristles are too wide.
The set also includes a convenient brush case, which also serves as a stand. So it’s perfect for holding up the brushes while you’re using it. And once we’re done we can just place the brushes back in the case.
Another great thing about these brushes is that they are easy to clean with little to no fallout.
Overall this kit is great for those looking to start or add to their brush collection without sacrificing quality or their budget.