For a few months now, we have been trying to live as minimalist as possible when it comes to makeup, so we were a little out of the loop with our monthly subscription boxes. But with summer now in full swing, we are more excited than ever to play with new beauty and lifestyle products. And what better way to reignite our love for everything subscription boxes than a POPSUGAR Must Have Box. Take a look at what beauty, fashion, food and lifestyle products we received this month.
[large_title title=”INSIDE THE BOX”]
The theme for the June Must Have box is “Fun-Filled Days,” and so it celebrates everything summer from road trips, backyard barbecues to pool parties and outdoor activities. All the products in the box were curated with this theme in mind.
- HAT ATTACK Neutral Diamonds-Printed Sarong: This lightweight sarong can be worn numerous ways, and is the ideal beach accessory. Price: $58 www.hatattack.com
- SISTERS OF LOS ANGELES Cheers Gold Bottle Opener: Add a trendy, glamorous touch to your kitchen with this golden bar “Cheers” beer opener. Price: $12 www.sistersoflosangeles.com
- WILD AND WOLD Ridley’s Games Room “Who Am I?” Quiz: Break the ice every time with this fun trivia game you can take anywhere and play with friends (or strangers). Price: $12.95 www.usa.wildandwolf.com
- NCLA Born on the 4th Nail Lacquer: Perfect for the 4th of July weekend, this red, white and blue polish is a fun way to celebrate all the festivities in style. Who says you can have too many nail polishes in your collection. Price: $16, www.shopncla.com
- KNOCK KNOCK Are You Ready (For Your Close-Up?) Compact: This durable, compact mirror adds the perfect blend of style and usefulness in one cheeky packaging. Price: $10, www.knockknockstuff.com
- PACIFICA Underarm Deodorant Wipes: You can now stay fresh on the go with these travel-ready underarm deodorant wipes that help neutralize odors. Price: $9, www.pacificabeauty.com
- PRESSELS Sriracha Pretzel Chips: These low fat and sodium pretzel chips are a healthier snack option for those of who want to keep their healthy goals but love to snack. Price: $1.29, www.pressels.com
One of the reasons why we love the POPSUGAR boxes is that we get a variety of products from all different categories to play with. Don’t get us wrong, we love subscribing to a beauty box, a fashion box, and even a pet box, but sometimes we want a little bit of everything. These Must Have Boxes give us just that.
We loved this June box because we could actually use every single item in the box whether we go for a beach outing or a family barbecue.
Let’s start with our first impression
We will admit that we were a little hesitant at first when we spotted the Diamonds-printed Sarong. Fashion items like these can be tricky because they aren’t always universal.
But this sarong has a long silhouette and therefore works with most body types as a great cover up. Although the fabric is lightweight, it does have a sturdiness we love. Plus the white and black print is too cute.
The second thing that caught our eye was the Pacifica Underarm Deodorant Wipes. Now we have tried many Pacifica products and love their Tuscan Blood Orange Body Butter so we were intrigued about their wipes. First off a big thumbs up to Pacifica for their packaging.
Unlike many wipes we’ve used in the past, these came with a Lid cover for the opening so this keeps the wipes fresh and hygienic. The wipes in our box were the Coconut and Kale extract ones. Surprisingly, we actually really loved the scent as it has a slight fresh, herbal scent that is really nice for combating any odors.
Keeping with the beauty theme is the Are You Ready (For Your Close-up?) Compact. This engine red compact is not only sassy, but very functional.
We always appreciate when a mirror compact has both a normal mirror and a magnified one so applying makeup or checking for any food stuck in our teeth (yes it happens!) is quick and easy. Also the acrylic material protecting the base ensures we can throw it in our beach bags and not worry about it breaking easily.
You can never have enough kitchen tools in our opinion, so the gold “Cheers” Bottle Opener from Sisters of Los Angeles was amazing.
While some may like their techy bottle openers, we’re old school when it comes to opening our favorite brews. The best part is how solid the bottle opener feels and so you know it’s going to last for years. We will cheer to that!
Another favorite product in our box was the Ridley’s Games Room “Who Am I?” Quiz. We are a sucker for a great trivia game so this game was right up our alley. And because we almost always lose a game piece or two, we definitely appreciated the box that holds all the trivia cards.
Wanting to see how this game works, we played a round with friends and had a blast doing so. The idea of the game is to divide into two teams and one member of the team has to describe the famous person on the card (descriptions and facts are included on the card) and the other members of the team have 60 seconds to guess the person. Trust us, this game is so much fun.
Now we wouldn’t be quite the nail connoisseurs if we didn’t appreciate finding the NCLA Born on the 4th Nail Lacquer in our box. It has been a while since we have used an NCLA nail polish, but boy do we love the formula on this nail lacquer.
Born On the Fourth nail polish has red and silver small glitters with larger blue ovals glitters thrown in. You can easily wear it over a nail color or by itself. Our nails looked awesome with just one coat of this glitter polish. Definitely recommend this color in particular if you’re a glitter polish gal or looking for a great nail look for upcoming 4th of July.
The last product we tried from our box was the sriracha pretzel chips from Pressles. We love sriracha in our food so we were excited to give these healthier than chip snacks a try.
However, after tasting a few of them, we were a bit disappointed. The odd thing is that they actually taste good, but they definitely don’t have that classic sriracha taste you would expect. They are more on the sweeter side with just the hint of spice. So if you’re wanting that heavy sriracha taste, you won’t find it here. But if you’re looking for a healthier snack option, these pretzel chips are yummy and do fill you up.
Overall, we really loved this month’s POPSUGAR Must Have Box. There was a wide selection of products we could easily see ourselves using during the summer.
If interested in grabbing the July box, you can order your own monthly #MustHaveBox now for $39.95 a month with free shipping. There are also different subscription plans to choose from.
Disclaimer: The POPSUGAR Must Have Box was sent for review. All opinions and photos are our own. For more on our disclosure policy, click here.